1. Our obedience produces the blessing in our lives; disobedience produces the curse.
1. The serpent deceived Adam and Eve into believing there would be no consequence for their disobedience (Genesis 3:1-3).
1. Satan always tries to seduce us into doing what “feels good,” at the expense of obeying God.
2. There is always a consequence for disobeying God.
3. The ground was cursed (empowered to fail) as a result of disobedience (Genesis 3:17-19).
4. In Genesis 3:3, to “die” means to be separated from the Father and His provision.
2. Poverty is insufficiency in every area of life, not just finances (Revelation 3:17).
1. A poor person is anyone who is lacking in any particular area of life.
2. For example, a person can have money but lack health or fulfilling relationships.
3. Poverty is designed to destroy (Proverbs 10:15).
1. Poverty is Satan’s creation.
2. Jesus came to preach the Gospel to the poor— which includes the broken-hearted, the captives, the blind, and the bruised (Luke 4:16-21).
1. The solution for the poor is having the Gospel preached to them (Luke 7:20-22).
1. When we are in lack, the best place we can be is the place where the Gospel is being preached.
2. Jesus came to announce the Good News of peace (Acts 10:34-38).
1. The Hebrew word for peace is shalom, which is also translated prosperity, wholeness, or completeness.
2. Jesus healed those who were oppressed.
3. Oppression is the loss of power or ability to control one’s own life or future.
3. God takes pleasure in our deliverance from any bondage (Psalm 35:1-28).
3. Prosperity refers to having abundant provision and enablement to do the will of God for our lives.
1. Many believe being prosperous means achieving millionaire status.
1. However, prosperity according to the Word of God is success in every area of life.
2. When we keep His commandments, we experience His blessings (Deuteronomy 8:6-9).
3. We are blessed to be a blessing to others. God commanded us to love others.
2. When we are blessed, we must not forget the Lord (Deuteronomy 8:11-16).
1. God is the One who delivers us out of bondage.
2. God gives us the power and ability to get wealth (Deuteronomy 8:17-18).
3. If we are ungrateful for all that He has done for us, we will surely perish (Deuteronomy 8:19).
* Genesis 3:1-3, 17-19
* Revelation 3:17
* Proverbs 10:15
* Luke 4:16-21
* Luke 7:20-22
* Acts 10:34-38