1. David found himself in a hopeless situation (1 Samuel 30:1-8).
1. David and his men were ambushed by the Amalekites. All the women and children were stolen, along with the wealth.
1. The city of Ziklag, where David and his people were residing, was destroyed.
2. As a result, the people were grieved and wanted to stone David.
3. However, David encouraged himself in the Lord and prayed.
2. When David asked God if he should pursue the enemy, God told him to pursue and overtake them.
1. David did as God instructed and recovered all.
2. If David had failed to pursue, he would have never overtaken his enemy and recovered all that was lost.
2. “Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all” (1 Samuel 30:8).
1. God has made promises to us that are found in His Word.
2. He wants us to receive His promises in our lives; however, we cannot receive them without pursuing them with our faith.
3. How to pursue the promises of God:
1. Locate the promise you need from the Word of God (Mark 4:14, Psalm 119:89, Psalm 89:34).
2. Believe the promise (Mark 9:23, Mark 11:23, Matthew 17:19, 20).
3. Decide (settle in your heart) that the promise is the will of God for you (Mark 1:40-42).
4. Ask God for what you desire according to John 14:13, 14.
5. Meditate on the promise daily (Joshua 1:8, Proverbs 4:20-23).
6. Nothing in the Kingdom of God will operate without faith, love, and patience (Hebrews 11:6, Matthew 22:37-40, Hebrews 6:12, James 1:2-4).
7. Turn the promise into a personal confession (Romans 10:9, 10, 1 Timothy 6:12).
8. Speak the promises of God and employ the angels (Psalm 103:19, 20).
9. Call those things that be not as though they were (Romans 4:17).
10. Do not speak anything contrary to the Word concerning the matter (Proverbs 6:2, Proverbs 18:21).
11. Believe that you have already received the promise (Mark 11:23).
12. Forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against. Forgive those who have wronged you (Mark 11:24-25).
13. Live in the fear of the Lord. The fear of God is to refuse to do anything that displeases Him (Proverbs 19:23, Psalm 34:7, 9).
14. Consistency is the key to the breakthrough. Stay consistent.
15. Certain things will not happen except through the power of prayer, fasting, and obedience. In difficult situations, pray, fast, and be sure you are obeying God.
* 1 Samuel 30:1-8
* Mark 4:14
* Psalm 119:89
* Psalm 89:34
* Mark 9:23
* Mark 11:23